Friday, October 10, 2014

Creative Accomplishments

Last year was a good start for myself to get involved in creative tasks, especially in the film making department. My first attempt was a magnum short film attempt, 12AM where I worked mainly on Script-writing and Direction. From there, I tried hands on Acting, Lyric writing (for songs), Editing, Camera etc., Here is my collection of links for your visual pleasure.

Direction : Short Film, 12AM

I never thought I can pull out what is shaped up as 12AM. Though there are lots of dents, I would still be proud of this product which grabbed lots of attention and accolades being my first ever attempt in to film making. Here are few links

Trailer : The idea was to mislead the viewers and give them a wrong perception about the entire film genre. Some liked it but many didn't (honest)

Promo Song : Honestly, the actual credit goes to Akbar Basha (Camera) and Govind (Editor). The footage is snatched from the feature film SUTTAKATHAI promo song ‘Unnai Naanum’. Also, this is my first Lyrics attempt where I could say am partially succeeded. The real hero is the music man Ashwath. I love this song.

12AM, the film: After a lots of difficulties, we managed to release the short film in youtube. I have intentionally kept this away from being picked by many companies as simply because this is my first ever creative product J



Lyrics:
Apart from 12AM promo song, I also worked with my friend Madav to pen the title song lyrics for the feature film NALANUM NANDINIYUM. Full thanks to the director who trusted on my abilities. Once again Ashwath and Palakad Shriram made this song ‘listenable’ J

Acting:
This was seriously not in my list and I was persuaded by director. However, turned out brilliant.. My tiny performance in Nalanum Nandiniyum J

Editing:
I thought I can dig back old candid videos (mobiles, old handycams etc.,) and make a video out of it with some theme. I wanted to get my hands on edit tool. Editing is one department that always fascinated me and pushed me to do more creative stuffs. Here are couple of video compilations. Excuse the poor video quality (old files, you see)

Achyut (when he was a baby): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCKrbPwhDN4

Camera and Edit:
Since, I was fairly doing well with editing, now I realized I always had a good DSLR with the video format completely non-tested. So, I took my Nikkon D7000 and went for a ride to Hong Kong. I thought I can make a beautiful memory out of it. Here you go, my camera and edit work.

This time, I was all happy to hear my friend wanted my help to design a promo video. I was all excited, sleeve up and recklessly worked on a weekend to get this below video out. A meaningful cause, I would say (Camera, Edit, Sound mixing)

No comments: