Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cheapest path Algorithm (KL-SG-KL):

Last weekend was quiet exciting for me as I had an unplanned trip from Kualalampur to Singapore. I normally take weekend fly back but last weekend I haven’t planned (don’t think I anticipated work … just for reasons). The trip was exciting for two factors being my primary objective. The fastest way to reach Singapore with as much less cost. Here is the cheapest and quickest path on road to Singapore.

I got to Pudu raya bus terminal in KL which is conveniently located inside the city. Even before I enter I see people shouting Johor Bahru which is the last city located close to Singapore. Most of the standard buses charges 31 MYR (Malaysian Ringgits) from KL to JB which is reasonable looking at the high tech bus model. You can get nonstop buses going to JB in less than 3.5 hours but unfortunately I got in to the bus which made 45 mins halt on the way.

The bus travel was quiet pleasing traveling in array of mountains and greeny plantations all the way. With PSP in my bag, I cant ask for more for a pleasant journey. Reached JB for the first time and it resembled more of a KL atmosphere. I quickly got down and looked for the local bus that can take to me to border check point. Bus no. 170 is quiet frequent (every 15 mins) and you can use your EZ link card (this is a travel card used in Singapore local transport). The charge is some where around 1SGD or 1.5 MYR. It takes around 10 mins to reach the check point.


Got off from the bus at the border check point and quickly walked my way to Emmigration clearance from Malaysia and again got the same bus on the other end of the building. Another 3 mins travel to Singapore Immigration check point. Again quick check in as the facility is quiet good to accommodate any number of people. Then I got in to Local bus no. 950 that goes to Woodlands MRT (Local train) station.

I am quiet lucky as my house is quiet close to Woodlands. It took only 10 mins train travel to reach Yishun and am home. I used the same method to get back to KL two days later and the total expense of my trip haven’t crossed 30 SGD (around 1000 Rs.).

I then thought I can publish a post on this which might help out ppl visiting Singapore or Malaysia and want to travel cheap to either locations. However, you gotto have the Visa for the respective locations on hand before you go (Obviously)

No comments: