Monday, January 28, 2008

Rowthiram Pazhagu

Little bit controversial yet catchy… The title of the post says it, which means ‘Practice Anger’… Isnt it crazy?

I recently became fond of sensible talk shows and Vijay TV’s ‘Neeya Naana’ is one of the front runners… Yesterday’s topic was all about Anger with 2 sets of people (ofcourse, one set are short tempered and others were totally against this) and lotsa points discussed makes real sense... surprisingly, short tempered people got their reasons which is certainly not 'bluffing outta anger'... this made me think about my vision on anger and here we go....

I used to be a highly short tempered guy once specially during my college days …. I get pissed off and yell at mates wenever they pick the micky outta me or bully me at my appearance or not following up the time wen we plan to go out or blab la bla….



Later realized (well, after my college days) that I was such a fool to get anger over those poor souls wen I have lot others to go mad over……

However, now I am most comfortable now settled as almost patient for everything with respect to friends and colleagues front…. Anger is one dangerous feeling that may drag any one to any extent as that is the only point were people have no control over the words or actions…..But… I strongly agree with the words ‘Practice Anger’ as I some how feel man with out anger is like a dumb..to be honest, I really admire whenever sreesanth delivers a beamer or a body line to Symonds or hayden and just stare at em with fulla burning eyes…. The position as a pace bowler needs that sorta aggression and anger to keep them charged up and on track…. I also read from articles that he is not that sorta angry boy out of the field …infact he is too friendly with all.. what more u need???

I never really support this nasty habbit as anger is the one bloody weak point that will push many talents to darkness…. But a controlled anger is always necessary to get things done and stay out of many possible troubles that a calm man often faces… one straight forward example is getting your work done with any customer service department…. Normally these guys try their best to put those calm chaps on hold and get those angry people sorted first…. As they don’t want to lose any customers… absolutely right(from the customer’s view as well) wen things are going fine… but see in the case if you are not happy with the company’s service or the product has some fault which requires the executive to come and attend or repeated requests for something????? You cant be calm all the time… you need to show your frusturation (ofcourse, only through anger) and get things done at the quickest span…..

The Sydney test cricket (India Vs. Aus.) match for that matter…. India shooked the so called Don’s of Cricket (Australia) by showing their anger defending Harbajan singh…. Some people deserve to get paid back and anger in those cases is the best way to express.. not those diplomatic smiles…. Why do u think most of Indian cricket fans like the captain who removed his jersey and jumped out in agrression when India won the series against England in England…. Cant you see the anger in the eyes of Gangully when he did that with Tit-for-tat feeling (done what flintoff did in india when england won the series earlier)…. Anger is good when showed at right time in the right place….

“If you are checking the integrity of my game, you shouldn’t be in this room”, People of his own country started to hate him when a journalist questioned Ricky ponting on his sportsman spirit…. This is one of the worst and a completely non-professional way of showing up an anger and he very well deserves the hatred of most of the world inspite of being one of the top class players in the skills front…..

My conclusion is Never be a dumb claiming yourself calm and polite person…but also, never allow anger climb on your head to push you down…. I learnt a lot on this habbit in my 27 years of living experience in this planet and I know I still have to learn a lot and practice my controlled anger…. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog...!!!
I totally agree with you, you always must have a controlled aggression. But its very difflcult to control you anger.

Lavanya said...

A Really appreciable blog!!

I personaly has experienced the consequences of being polite as well as showing anger. Anger helps when you show it in right time and place.