Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dream for ages….

When am young I dreamed of lot and most of em got vanished as its more of a dream with out any sense… well, just a desire and no practical use for me or my surroundings…. Rather its only waste of time or waste of money…. But I always cherish those… few to list are my dream for CBZ bike some how ended up with unicorn… though am happy with this bike still my dream haven’t come true….

Another such is my dream desktop…. Stylish cabinet, big monitor, gigantic hard disk space, fully supporting system for any sorta games, breath taking speakers, blab la bla

I finally got it true… being a grown up boy for some reason, I need to answer the question “Why the hell in the world you got such a posh desktop when you have a laptop that satisfies your basic needs?”…. point… I need to answer…. I cant be kiddish to all and I need to sort out my list…. Does the list make sense.. I DON’T CARE… am I being totally irresponsible bloke heading towards nothing…. Well, trust me I may get back ; )

The list (why the hell in bla bla bla?)

- Firstly, I want to make efficient use of my other room in the house which is mostly untouched during the season where only my wife and me living alone

- Gaming, I use to religiously follow all the games that comes out during my high school times…prince of Persia, F1 racing, dave, Mario, wolfenstein 3D, NFS still filled up in my mind…. I just want to get back to my gaming hobby…I read somewer that gaming constantly will keep your mind sharp and increase your reflex… again it depends on wat sorta games you play… my recent favourites are NFS (racing), Age of empires (Strategy), House of dead (Action), Snooker 147 (Board), Cricket (Sports) etc….

- Internet, One of the essential needs at home nowadays…. When comes with my desktop with huge HD space, I would love to download lots of games, movies and other softwares.

- Movies, One of my all time favourite hobby…. And with my big 24 inch monitor and sound blaster card… watching downloaded movies will also be an awesome experience

- Work, Well…. Couldn’t digest isn’t it? I some how feel am slogging loads of time in the office in recent past and I need to find some way to balance (parallely, I need one more excuse to buy my desktop)

- Above all, the pleasure of using a desktop is absolutely chilling compare to the clustered, compact and irritating laptop where the usability of laptop puts all my sitting-on-a-computer fun in to a complete jeopardy.

Abba, managed to sort out the reasons for the desktop…. Smart aye… !!!!

I got the whole cpu assembled in our traditional Ritchie Street, Chennai Where I found breaking deals with all the components and got it assembled all at my home… Herez the absolute kick a** config. That makes any computer lover go excited…

Processor : Intel Core 2 – 2.66 Mhz. (Performance man.... top brand.. top speed)
RAM : 2 GB (Internet, parallel processing... u cant do better)
HDD: Seagate 320 GB (space bigger than a house)
Video Card : Geforce 8200 GT - 512 MB (Gaming freaks.... worship this)
Sound Card: Creative Sound blaster 5.1 (i love this part too)
Monitor : Dell wide screen 24 inch (the front runner of my long time dream)
Speakers : Creative inspire 2.1 (Sound cant be more crisp and clear)
Sleek sports cabinet :) (Look matters a lot for me)

I got everything and just need a proper long weekend to start off my gaming spree !!!!

3 comments:

Jayashree said...

kalakkunga...cant wait to see the photograph of this wonderful specification.

Deepak Babu said...

hey, machi, nice spec and nic pic - but seems a little old-model?!

Srinath said...

Dei.. 'dangerous dave' velayaadarathukku unakku indha specification thaevaya??

>>the pleasure of using a desktop is absolutely chilling compare to the clustered, compact and irritating laptop
Read as, laptops are too much to handle for my huge clumsy things in the name of hand/fingers ;-)

Btw.. would be fun to watch 'the dreamers' on the 24 inch screen ( unmaya sollu adhukku thana vaangina ) ;-)