Monday, November 23, 2009

The Godfather of many movies !!!

Thanks to god for making me watch this movie before I die… I know I am over exhaturating but cant help avoid this sentence… No wonder ‘The Godfather’ is preserved in Americas top 100 movies ever made list…. I was having not much intrest to see this movie as am not a big lover of black & whites and specially b&w classics….. But my mate wanted to watch it so badly and I was surprised… So last Friday after office, we got this DVD of Godfather I and watched the same night… I slowly got in to it and totally enjoyed the whole 3 hours of watching an amazing piece of classic made in 1970s….

The plot is very much orthodox for the modern days… but, this is the father of all gangster movies ever made…. The story is simple… a person who doesnt really belong to the land originally, had immigrated, then become a don for reasons and established an empire…. The screenplay is what to be noticed and my favourites all were the amazing dialogues all the time in the movie…. I struggled quiet tough to understand the flow , so many characters and many many emotions.... being a person, too weak to grasp, took help of My mate who seen the movie like 1 million times, cleared all my spot doubts to enjoy the movie better…


Some of the dialogues made me feel ecstatic are…

‘Don’t move Hagen, if I want you to be dead you will be dead already’

My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse. What was that?Luca Brasi, held a gun to his head, and my father assured him, that either his brain or his signature would be on the contract.

‘Remember, who ever arranges a meeting between you and your enemy is your traitor’

‘The cop, mcclusky is in sollozo’s payroll’ (Sollozo is a drug dealer)

"Fredo you are my older brother and i love you so much,but never take side with anyone against the family ever"

‘when michael is going to shoot the police captain & the dealer, some one good has to plant that gun. Because, i dont want my brother only coming out with his d*** in his hands’

‘Do you spend time with your family? Good, beacuse a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.’

‘Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and makes me very angry’

The expressions of Marlon and Al pacino was top class competing each other. It was only Al Pacino’s 3rd movie after 2 minor ones. This gave him a huge lift in to his career… One should deftly watch this to understand how quality extreme a movie cud be with a peanut budget…and a bunch of well talented…

Now on the lighter side, I have noticed that many Indian movies was influenced so badly by this movie… some were massive hits again and some were massive S**TS… Here are some…

Sarkaar : Nothing hide and seek they credited Godfather movie in the title show up… This was a huge hit though a copied one…Good work by RGV, amithab and Abhishek

Nayagan : Most of the plot actually… Nice tweaks here and there to make the tamil version looks intresting…

Baadsha : Other goons kissing the don’s hands… and the Don’s life style (like be always serious, talk always smart, think always clever etc..) I love this movie only for thalaivars style and deftly not the story or plot…

Annamalai : Rajni’s sisters husband will be the traitor.. In tamil, rajni jus punished and let him live but in Godfather there is one justice ;)

Puthupetai : Again, most of the plot… Specially when Danush marries some other girl inspite being committed to one already

Ullasam : Raguvaran shoots the 2 enemies in a restaurant by getting a gun from first aid box

The list is endless…. Surely, they all should send a portion of the profit to the makers of the godfather… now, I can not wait to see part 2 of the trilogy.

4 comments:

JR said...

Nice blog. I do agree with godfather is a great movie because of its script, dialogue, direction but still i have a different space for Sarkaar-1 & 2. Both are good and both has its own space in the film word. it is not a copied one. Just influenced.
I think Ananth has forced you to watch this movie....He is a big fan of GODFATHER....Careful!!!

Ananth said...

Yeah, really a very nice movie.

To watch this movie in a minute, click on the below link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX8XY5aNSk

Srinath said...

Nice post. I've never seen the complete movie. This has inspired me to watch the movie. esp. the dialogues.

Somehow, from the parts of the movie I saw on tv at times, I felt the movie was quite slow compared to the novel. (The novel was quite amazing and fast paced - one of the very few novels that I've read more than once).

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

"neenga nallavara kettavara" dialogue vanthuchaa? appa thaan athu nalla movie nu theerpu solraen..

imho, naaygan is far better than god father, in the sense, it has sensational and humorous dialogues of kamal, a song from kuyili etc..