Friday, October 13, 2006

Route No. 11 (A Short story)

******************
On celeberating my 50th post :) I cannot think of any other way of projecting my short story in a common area and guys u gotto bear this ;) This story is purely fictional and it DOES NOT replicate any one living or dead. If you think the "I" in this story is me, "Please grow up :) "

******************




Monday Morning 7.00 AM,

Getting up early is always a pain. I know this, still I don’t want to miss this warm experience (???) every day for this silly sleeping reason. First day of the week, I always love my formal wear. Allen solly blue full sleeve shirt fits my physique very aptly with those catchy black trousers. I nearly finished polishing my black leather shoe. All done and there I go on the streets for a pleasant morning walk to the shuttle stop.

7:15 AM,

I am waiting straight opposite to the Ragi Gudda Arch for my shuttle. I keep watching the other colleagues getting accumulated. Bingo there she is, an angel coming over with light green salwar. She looks confused as she can’t spot her usual cab mate in this place, probably the other girl is off today. Her hair is a good example for perfect black waterfalls, so uniform and one cannot take the eyes off her. She has fair complexion and always looks lavishing under this morning sun shine.

7.23 AM,

The bus arrived finally and I was anticipating yet another (not often though) good seat that gives a good vision of her. Bingo!!! Cant be more lucky today is one of the rare one-in-million days. Yeah I am seated next to her in a 3 seater, very luckily there is no third (aka “kabaab mein haddi”) person this time. I was in window (I always love a window seat) and I pretend like sleeping by tilting my head over the window pane facing her straight away.

7.28 AM,

The wheels started rolling after a short pause. There was a sudden break with in 2 seconds the bus left, it was a cow (should I call it a stupid) trying to cross the road with out caring anything in the world. She was shocked and closed her eyes tightly (like a cat, she thinks the world is dark if she close her eyes…. Many girls think this eh…) though I don’t want this to happen, I admired her scared up expression.

7.45 AM,

She got a call on her Sony Ericsson (why many girls going for sony mobiles, whatz wrong with nokia???) I was trying to be cheeky and curious to find the name flashing, but she was quick enough to pick the phone (she dint kno I am cheeky and watching her for long ) She uttered few hindi lines with ridiculous urudu accent, I always doubt she should be a muslim (Inshallah, she shudnt be married…. For Christ sake I don’t want to suicideJ ) I guess she was talking to her dad planning her family outing the week end. (I know its evil to over hear but CURIOSITY KILLS THE CAT )

7.55 AM,

She started to doze away. She always do this, I hate sleeping in the bus specially in the morning. I guess she never sleeps on time at nights. But I can let her go as I will be more convenient to admire her beauty. She looks more beautiful when she closes her eyes (Is that really true or is that only an illusion) that morning was horrible for me too. I was back from my home town 1 hour back and even am too tired.

8.10 AM,

I felt too embarrassed when she was awake ( and found me looking at her ) when the bus ran over a massive hump on the road (bloody driver… always rash!!!) I pretended like I was staring at something behind her head. She didn’t bothered any way and got back to sleep. I thought I should not look at her for the rest of the journey and even I closed my eyes. To my dismay, I slept :(

8.25 AM,

She slowly touched my hands and I was surprised by this and I should say the best 2 seconds I ever had in my life. Later I saw her eyes and so did she. I told her “Hi, I am ( my name ).. May I know your name please” she gave a commanding smile as if she knows this long back. The she opened her cute lips and said “Hi, I am ----------------“ Kreeeeaaaaaakkkkkkkk… what the ****? Another big hump and this time even I was awake with a sense of shock. So did she, ahhhh it was dream straight away in the morning, somebody kill me.

8.26 AM,

I cant think any more, I got the courage all on a sudden and told her “The route has bloody lots of humps and the driver is way too rash isn’t it?” as if I am the only one who is extremely affected by this. She nodded her head slowly with a worried look on her face “Yeah”, that’s it not a word more. She was quite and I guessed that 1000 things should be running on her mind. I don’t want to bug her but very apparently I cant sleep any more with 1000 other things running on my mind too.


8.45 AM
We are just 5 minutes away from the office. There was a sense of urge that nagged me to ask her out for her name, the other one inside me said “no way”. How ever, I liked to stay away from her and keep admiring her physical outlook all the time for every possible morning i could travel in the Route no. 11. “A Thing of Beauty is always joy for ever” and you wont enjoy the beauty if you are with it all the time. So I decided to zip up my mouth. I am supposed to get down the campus before her’s and there it is. I said in the most polite way I can ever talk “Excuse me !!!” She opened her eyes (very clear that she was just closing her eyes and haven’t slept) her hairs all scrambled due to early sleep and her eyes looked tight and tired. “Am sorry “ she was sweet when she said that and given enough way for me to go on. “That’s alright…..Thanks” god cant this bus go around for the whole day ???? I don’t wanna go. My phone ringed parallely, “ Hey man, where are you? Don’t you know there is an important team meeting in 10 mins ? quick yaar” Oh yes baba, am outside the office…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all Congrats 4 ur 50th post :)!! Is that all u had 2 write? Looks like u looted a piece of some mega serial ;)..anyways quite interesting..

Continue rocking friend!

Unknown said...

Hi Dude.... I just want to COMMENT (*) the last Comment...its not a piece of mega serial... It is a hidden truth of each guy who loves to get something out of nothing...!!!!!!!! Its really Nice one dude....And congrats for u r 50th Post... Jai Hind!

Anonymous said...

well....quite impressive ur (route no 11)blog.... i think u r a gud observer... (it shown in ur blog)...

keep blogging....

Srinath said...

Dude.. what happened to you? short stories?? I am planning to do a PhD thesis on the effects of long phone calls on inspiring short-story-writing skills. Expecting Ding to write a short-story next.

vinothkumar said...

aravindh bull dog nobody had wrriten "im watching u" stupid fellow anyway i came here to say Im watching you