Friday, October 27, 2006

Bangalore to Chennai

I guess I had the longest break ever in my blog (ennamo 25 varushama blog ezhuthara maari scene podaraanaynu paakareengala??? Kandukaatheenga ;)) 2 many things happening that really placed me out of fun for a while… now I realized Im missing my favrte hobby and got back wth an intrstng (to me) travelogue ;)

Its diwali season and the office was a complete bliss on last Thursday as the next 5 days are holidays ..i was totally held up wth my prjct and haven’t really had time to dream my holiday plans….however, I was desperate for a good break to keep me alive…. I meant to leave on Thursday after noon in a luxury coach but I have cancelled the tickets as I cant take off from work and so i booked the late nite ticket in a ‘dabba’ local bus (I kno I have to blame myself…it happens, freeya udungo) I managed to reach home (in blore) 3 hours prior to departure….shave and bath done…packed up slowly and left home (at last)…

My room mate and me anticipating an auto to majestic (the bus terminus in bangalore) and ther u go we got one straight away that too late nite that too he agreed to go with the 1.5 charge of the meter rate… we thought we are lucky and got in…1.5 kms before the bus station I have seen the worst traffic havoc in Bangalore…the scene was like the whole city was affected by a serious epidemic and ppl are moving out of the city in search of a better place to live….i felt the scene like those come is ‘Dawn of the Dead’ movie wer those ppl walk as a group in the road without caring anything in the world … though ther are cars and buses running arnd…

We have booked the special bus and some how managed to reach the area for special buses, there we saw a girl (don ask me how good looking was she…. Naa athu maari payyan kedayathu!!!) standing and talking over the phone and she was conversing in English and trying to get her frnd to the special bus area and her frnd is totally confused and cant able to guess wer the place is…. This girl started to scream in tamil “ayoooo naa enna pannuvayn ithu enna edamnu kooda therlayaeeeeeee” means “I am helpless, I cant recognize wer the hell I am”…(kashtam vantha thaan thaai mozhi thanaaala varuthu)..later we are totally stuck wth our search for our particular bus and cant find any sign of it….ther was a conductor (note : he had a cup of coffee in his hand) ther understood our meticulous situation and offered a free information “bus trapped in traffic for 2 hours…” in kannada…. I can understand we are in deep S**T… I nagged my frnd (he can speak half baked kannada very well) to enquire how sooner we expect the bus …. He asked the question without taking his eye out of coffee…. Apparently the conductor gave a long kannada anser which I cannot interpret… but this amazing frnd of mine, with out even listng to anser, askd the conductor “where can I get the coffee” ….freaking hell !!! do u realize the situation and the pain …u ***************** he zipped his mouth ther after and me, half dead with hunger…. One of our other house mate joined us soon and we got a bread pack for dinner (I have to call it so :( )


We finally got the bus after an outrageous agonial 2 hours gap …. I was so happy to find a place to sit atlast….we throwed the bag on the top and banged the seats… way tooooo small seats for a big giant like me and a medium one like my mate….(ada kaduvulayyyyy some body kill meeeee) 1.5 hour later the bus started moving In a good speed after all those inch by inch movements in the traffic…. I slowly noticed the crowd…there was a just-married-couple with ther family sitting on the other side…the girl was a big mouth and din stop complaining abt one or the other all the time during the travel…(naduvula English vera…adangokka makka…) behind me was a set of IT paruppus(like us) discussing about object oriented programming (officela ithellam discuss panatheengada….evalachum kedacha coffee corner poi kadala poda vendiyathu….middle of the nightla 2 maniku odara dabba busla intha naathariku OOPS rumba theva thaan…kanna katuthuda saami) 2 row infront of us wer a jus-married-couple started quaking and kept quaking all nite (antha ammani konjam over scene thaan… thaangala!!!) a upper-middle aged man got in and started screaming at the non availability of the luggage space for his ithu pona, naathampudicha bag…. (intha ujala thalayanunga tholla thaanga mudilada saaami)

I was too tired after a very long day…we soon dozed away inspite of all those tortures around…It wasn’t easy tho…ther was an accident in the highway whch stopped the bus for an hour…I got up like 7 in the morning, found the bus stopped for a break….to my dismay the bus jus traveled 150 kms for all 5 hours…. (busaa otitu vanthaangala ila thallitu vanthaangala..enna koduma ithu saravana!!!) I have no choice ….i cant sleep ther after…ridiculous 3 hours after that….i was counting every minute, every km god get me home soon….finally we managed to reach home after 2 hours wait and 10 hours travel (shud b 6 hours)….home sweet home…. Ate like a pig and crashed the bed… good long week end :)

No comments: