Friday, November 10, 2006

Towards India’s Center point

The marriage era started in my friend’s circle (cant believe yaar I am getting older and older) and I received my first marriage invitation from a very close friend of mine in Nagpur… I was very much excited as I have never been to a north Indian marriage.. I made up mind to visit him at any cost…my friend was kind enuf to buy me a 2 way ticket to Nagpur…


Last weekend was absltly wonderful…Ive been to shopping (after a year) got stuffs from Benetton and a local designer shop… packed up and all set to take off… I was so thrilled and xcited to visit Nagpur as I never been to that part of the India ever… he sent a cab to pick me up from the station …I was fascinated by the streets and the less traffic roads (ofcourse I kno its not much happening place i was surprised to see this as I traveled from one of the most crowded place of India…) The roads are good actually infact lot better than Bangalore… reached home in abt 15 mins…




A little embarrassed to see whole family waiting for my arrival… the house is all delighted already and my arrival added the flavour … ( me so special huh!!!) his marriage was actually over before I cud reach Nagpur and I was quite early (by arnd 16 hours) for the reception… met all his nagpur frnds and they wer so frndly and treated me as one of em… they all wer so amazing and active… they took more responsibility on the arrangements and even taken enuf care that I am not bored at any point…. Later weve been out for a grand dinner and I had sheer fun with em dancing and eating all nite….

The next day is a big one … the groom is all dressed up for the show and the bride jus outclassed any one around making them feel jealous on her..it was quitea simple function for some reason… however, we all had fun being in that occasion.. the food was an abslte mind catcher and I ate more n more… one of our frnd got his kid out ther whch jus looked like made of a clean wax… he was so cute and playing all the afternoon with me and more catch was his 6th finger on his right hand…cant b a better way to cherish the occasion…

Later in the after noon I changed myself and been on a local tour on the roads of Nagpur on my frnd;s bike…it was partly great as the climate was lavishing …. Been ther to India;s center point and amazed to see ppl havnt made that point a big tourist point at all…it was jus another memory kinda built…





Later went arnd the jungle, lakes etc….reached home arnd 5 in the evng…had a lovely tea time with his parents who wer so so sweet during all the time I stayed in nagpur..they even packed snacks for me…. Then, been on the shopping spree with the couple on the happening streets of Nagpur…they wer too kind and got me a lovely shirt of my choice …later I grabbed few packets of ‘lasoon chutney’ (famous thing in Nagpur) and I was all 'ready' to leave… soon we rushed to an amazing multi cuisine restaurant to feed ourselves…its only an hour left to reach station…quick dinner it was and I was well on time to the station... deftly an experience :)

2 comments:

deetee said...

glad to hear that you had such a great time at Sanjyot's wedding :)..great pics

Unknown said...

Sounds like u had a good time Aravindh! Congratulations to Sanjot.
Best regards Euan