Thursday, November 23, 2006

‘Gaana’ songs….

Oh my god !!! I havnt blogged for ages and I think I shud blame it on myself… been such a stupid and shame I still havnt settled with balancing my work and social life… however, am making a good progress in putting myself in to lime light …. I started loving the way I now work (vela senjitu apram pesudaaa nu neenga solrathu kekuthu…still naa kandukala) I can feel myself the difference I feel with in me over the experience I gain out here… it is indeed energetic… I learn a lot over this period (mostly out of my own mistakes)….. wo wo wo !!!! I think I still haven’t got in to the actual thought for this blog…..sorry folks !!!

Tamil nadu film industry always have a special reservation for this ‘Gaana’ songs and ther is no surprise to see millions of people go mad over this jus like R & B in the wester countries… the beat in these songs are absltly mind blowing and make any one to dance (atleast tap ther feet) … for the people who don’t kno abt these songs, these are special class of songs (I will say it as ‘maverick’ songs) which don’t agree with any particular music style or Raaga or any rhythm…. These songs are unique and u cant classify it at all…. Most of the times (not all the times) the lyrics doesn’t have any meaning at all… the objective is basically to forget everything and jus dance n add flavour to the ambience…. (did I say ambience???)

These songs wasn’t ther before ilayaraja’s period…… and slowly the maestro started introducing this roughly arnd late 70’s…. however, there wasn’t much welcome for these songs in between bachelors of those period (rasanayaeee ilaatha janthukkal) later the ultimate music director Deva changed this and introduced songs that really made many go mad on it….








Songs like ‘Ooothikinay kadichikava’, ‘kavala padaatha sagothara’, ‘aynavaram gopaalu’ ,'Manmadaraasa manmadaraasa...' , 'Eppadi Podu Podu Kannale' etc… are few of his famous Gaana’s… Prabhu deva is absltly master in choreographing gaana songs… I shud say he is the pioneer in this and none can compete wth him in this class….As for voice is concerned am not particular about a special voice for gaana songs but i liked the voice of Gaana ulaganathan (~~~vaazha meenukum vilangu meenukumkalyaanam ~~) though he made only 2 songs yet....

Even A R Rehman started mixing few gaana;s (I won say his music are completely gaanaish) with his hits…. Like ‘Peta rap’, ‘Madrasa suthi paaka’ etc… he is not really a gaana master… I like this gaana song ‘Yammadi aathadi’…recently from the movie “Vallavan” ….lovely song and am sure any one will get the spirit and go mad on hearing this music…kudos to the chaps who did the music(Yuvan shankar raja), danced(simbu & Co.) and sung(thalaivar TRR) aptly... :) oh well..... am in party mood already... crap man still one more day left for the weekend... some body keep me alive ;)




No comments: