Thursday, November 30, 2006

Being Citizen.

Don even think like that after looking at this topic…. Am not being patriotic or sentimental or emotional about the word CITIZEN ;-) jus keep reading …

I was always a hopeless, lazy and 'life is all abt fun' sorta guy and never cared abt the society or cmmnty until few years back…. That doesn’t mean I am now perfect now tho…. However, ther are few issues that made me think ‘Why not???’ when it can be done with out pain… u confused???

I always feel like slapping those flippin NRI’s who just visit once in a year for 4 or 5 weeks vacation and thinking they are from a posh society they keep bashing at the Indian government and public…. The fun factor is that they are American in US and a proper local at ther home (hope u got wat I mean)….. any way I cant comment more on this issue as India is a democratic country for some reason and no point in wasting time blogging abt those creeps…. If you are good in observing by now u wud hav realized that the people who criticize the following wud have been the part of the same problems….i wanted to list out the issues and how the painless contribution will bring a major change in a big scene……chk it out

Traffic:

This is a major prblm the country faces absltly due to huge population and insufficient facilities…. U gotto bear in mind that India is one of the worlds largest countries and so, maintenance and support is not a peanut factor… so rather bashing at the govnmnt. Lets take a minor responsiblties that is wrth taking … like, using the existing transport (buses, autos..not necessarily public) for your travel rather driving yr own car for daily use... this reduces the major traffic at the roads... (I kno this is tough for ppl who are in IT as most of em think they are doin the absltly best job in the world and thnkng they deserve a separate car even for goin to ther Loo….) also, treat the pedestrians and other two wheeler riders as humans (if u notice many ppl driving car keep swearing at them all the time as if he is the only person in the world driving perfect) .... do say sorry if u scare them with yr big posh car by mistake…. (know wat???? Accepting yr fault and saying sorry will reduce most of the potential quarrels and roadside riots… due to minor accidents) this I found out of my own experience…. gettin this attitude Is actually very easy after attempts (don ask me how many times u messed up driving the car…) ;-)

Litter:

This is another factor that makes the foreigner go “yaaaaak” abt our country…. We don have to clean the litters on the road rather we shall learn to behave lucid in clearing our own garbage wth out troubling the public…. Its very common for the ppl to throw tiny litters ‘jus like that’ on the road…jus coz u don have any punishment by law, doesn’t mean its yr statuatory rights…. Specially ppl in the vehicles… rather throwing the garbage u can always keep it with u and dispose it wen u find the next immediate bin… iam sure this is not really a pain but u shd learn to stop feeling disgusting wen u r having yr own litter wth u… (I slowly adapted myself to this habbit however, I still throw away if I lose my patience looking for a bin… after all I am a human and I guess I am prone to mistakes) u don have to b stupid like me ;-)

Manners:

This is another key factor that pulls our country apart… we (Indians) seriously need to work on this… I noticed ppl take ther subordinates (like Manager-employee, car owner- driver, customer-server in a hotel, elder-younger, husband-wife) for granted… and I totally hate this kinda attitude… ther is always a difference between commanding others out of love and commanding others jus as they are below yr position… I will call the later one as “exploitation of the people’s inability” … we gotto respect ppl..no matter who ever they are… and practice telling “Thanks”, “Sorry”, “Please” to all human beings with equal respect…. Shud learn to stay humble and polite (specially with strangers) I guess this is not a tough thing to do…. Wat say pal??? ;-)

U may realize that actionables u have read is not actually complex and can b done by any one …. However, u don have to agree with my ideas if u feel am silly… these are only my feelings : - ) (after all we are in a democratic country)

If you reached to this part of the blog then I guess u strted thinking alrdy…. Being a literate (is it???) u can still think abt this and try to implement this wth yr life style… who knos??? May b u can inspire some one and finish the day with this feel-good mentality….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! It's very true that we Indians mess things by missing out very tiny issues like these..small things does matter a lot (collectively) in this World!

Anju said...

Hey.. u r right Aravind!! Instead of cribbing.. we all shud do our bit to make things better .. ( if not the best )..

Anonymous said...

hahaha wow aavin...u suprise me sometimes with ur consideration.asathura po. but blog abt ur new life man =D tht'd be spicyyyy! =D