Monday, October 22, 2007

Think Think Think….!!!


Quiet long time aye !!! sema busy pa…. (please believe… believe… ada nambunga pa) anyways I started to feel that life is again goin monotonous both with office and personal life… nothing new and nothing exciting but there was a 2 day experience in the middle I wanted to share about which was very much intrstng….

I was so pissed off and not at all happy as am gonna attend a training on ‘Creativity, problem solving and decision making’ … crap its part of my development plan and I am supposed to take it… on top of that I had s**t loads of stuffs to finish off at my work place …..

It was Thursday morning and am fully drowned with no-mood-to-listen mentality… unwillingly I made to the training room on time which is like 1 million mile from my desk…. All the participants are new there and am not a good socializer in frst instance which made me feel more sick… no systems in training room means no chatting , no emailing, no time passing … ayooo I have to be in this desert for next 2 days…. I saw the trainer there… he was like heroine’s dad character in Kaadal movie…. So scary with his hefty appearance…. (machi nee maatna)

Ironically, those 2 days turned out to be the most intrstng part of this boring life spree am traveling on now… He started off with the introduction that made me to know abt the various ppl and ther background… fair… then he started off with 4 puzzles of different nature…. I managed to solve the first one with a clue, 2nd one i solved but thought the answer could be wrong due to too much logical thinking…, 3rd one was maths kinda puzzle but I thought lil different to arrive at a creative solution based on logic…. 4th one was very normal and little straight forward….. I was lil charged up as I was squeezing off my brain after a while… Then he started to explain how the brain thinks about each problem and which part of the brain (left or right) used a lot for a problem and how does it matters with personality ….. I started to feel the intensity of the heat… and I also felt its intrstng…. Wow !!! I exclaimed coz I wasn’t aware I spent 2 hours already in this class with out feeling a pain….

Got a hot cupa tea during the break and started lookin at the contents of the hand out for the first time… it was indeed intrstng… and I decided to give my best concentration as I trusted the person would be worth of with his amazing profile… The first thing stunned me was this… he asked generally ‘Guys, I got a question before you do this exercise… which part of brain you guys normally use?’ many said right, few said left.. few are confused …. So do i....’I guess I use both parts but am not a good thinker I believe’… …. I murmured in an unconvincing tone…. He throwed a crocodile smile (thaz how it looked) on me…. ‘Ok!!! Fill this questionnaire probably this may help you with your guesses about you’… I was curious… I filled the questionnaire in a flash… it has 20 questions with 2 options to answers for each…. The instruction was to calculate the number of option A and option Bs…. It was written at the end that if I have chosen more of option As then iam more a right brain user…. And vice versa… I was stunned to see I scored 10-10…. No wonder why am so confused most of the times…..Siva (trainer) given a philosophical smile on me and said ‘Ok dude…. Don’t think a lot just take this hand out and do as instructed’…

My curiosity now doubled… the hand out paper got around 20 phrases and I am supposed to pick those which suits me… I quickly picked and found 14 of em matches me… siva then had given another hand out of further instructions… That had a table with the information that what each phrase represents means is he a left brainer or right…. I counted…. And shocked this time… totally wacked… the result is 7-7… iam unique in that mini crowd…. Few others also claimed to be middle brain but ther results are not as accurate as mine…. However, shiva told that there is nothing special or good about this apart from such cases are very rare to find….. I was happy for a minute and disappointed to hear ‘ther is nothing much special about it’ (naa itha ketayna ivar kita…. Yethivitu erakarthungrathu ithu thaan pola)

This was a good start and I continued to listed about various ways of problem solving techniques, idea generation… most of the class room exercises happened as teams which made the course very much intrstng…. As a part of one exercise we are asked to create a worst tv show to telecast at 12-1 midnite which should turn out to be a big hit…. This was funny situation… we thought a lot and came out like a show that will blow up wat happens at the midnight of any one ….. it may be an intrstng show to a boring time pass…. All liked it …. One of the innovative guy in our team came up with this brilliant creation for the scenario…. Another team exercise made me curious was the scenario where an argument between a under looked software enggr and his lead who is desperate to finish up the ongoing project before the deadline… the soft. Enggr. Is so pissed off with his job as he was never recognized and now been asked to do over time shift to finish up the existing project…. It was a practical session done to emphasize the importance of role playing as part of problem solving… it was intrstng… ‘just put yourself in others shoes’ when ever you have problem with other people and then act accordingly… this is one big stuff I learnt…

I took the trainer away on the next day lunch to discuss about my work related problems and how to handle… he was very much professional and given an unbiased views about the problems…. I guess am much more clear about what is my problem all about and how to approach on it…. Wat more??? I have given him the best feedback (am sure he would have got the same from every one in every program he conduct)… and left the room with full of joy and enthusiasm with out bothering about the release I have to finish it by Monday eveng….

3 comments:

JR said...

Well....noramlly for every bridge there will be a place (in that bridge) where the whole weight of the bridge will be concentrating..now read this your own sentance that you have publised in the blog "He started off with the introduction that made me to know abt the various ppl and ther background"....

The above 'various people and their background' are the main reason that made you to stay for that session.

Yup...you are true that is really practical! and nice explanation dude..

Matt said...

Aravindh, remember me ?

Sharath said...

Hey maapi... That was the bike accident which would be a silver jublee for u ;) The way u explained was interesting and expect u to jot down the remaining incidents... sorry... accidents in the upcoming blogs. The Funniest thing is, the guy who sits behind u wil always escape without a scratch... Hahaha...