Tuesday, October 30, 2007

So Soft-ware engineeeeru !!!

‘Machi already late night da…. We should have left earlier’, I told to my mate with a hopeless voice…. ‘Vennai, I told this 1 hour back and you din give a s**t… now polambingsssss’ I can see the anger in his sentence….

We all attending the farewell party hosted by our college telugu guys after the last day of the final year engineering course…. Ya, good 4 years passed by and we all were happy….

‘Seri…ok ok ok…chill out dude… after all its our party.. its only 1 o clk now… I will take you in 23 mins to home’…. I kicked my soul mate … I meant the black hero Honda splendour of mine…. There were 4-5 blokes living on the first floor of my house (tenants) who are (were) also my class mates in my college….This time I got one of em with me to the party in city center…. Our house is in the suburbs of Chennai and the city center is around 30 mins journey from ther….

‘Maaps (short form of maplai which means ‘son-in-law’ literally but no way means it) don be too rash or fast… go slow’…. He was begging me ..hahaha… I like it !!! I quickly parked my head in to the costly (400 rs.) helment and started to roll’…. It was mid june and no wonder the place is still humid even in the middle of night in Chennai… I was comfortable as the climate doesn’t bother me to slow down… Hardly any vehicles on road…. I was cruising to my home at around 70-80 kmph… taken the shortest possible route irrespective of the roads being no-entry zone or traffic police prone zone (as I got all the docs… needed to sneek away)…

We started from prince towers (egmore) and reached Choolai medu in 10 mins odd…
I took a no entry zone and went to a parallel road to take the short route… it’s a narrow connector road with lots of sharp curves… One dog was totally aggrevated by the noise of my vehicle and started to chase us…. There was other dog (sleeping 200 meters ahead of us) totally angry with this chasing dog’s voice and that too started running towards me… on an attempt to dodge this dog traffic I tried to do a smart cut and ended up skidding after getting past a hump….

Kreeeeeeeeeeeeech!!!! I din know what happened for next 20 secs…. After that I found myself 2 metrs away frm the bike… my left shoulder got a severe scratch… blood oozing out… big bang blow on my left knee with minor scratches all over the left leg…. I took my helmet off and found that it has got a big dent on the left side head spot…. Oh man …. Great escape…. Level 1 (My condition) is ok… I gotto check 2 more levels … next is Level 2 (My mate’s condition)… I looked back …. He came running towards me ‘Machi wat happened da… u ok there?? I detached and pulled away as soon as u started skidding…’ hahaha… super I like it…. He was totally safe with out even a single scratch…. What a friendship….lemme get well and kick ya a**… Level 3 (My bike’s condition) ayoooooooooo….. my dome (I got CBZ bike’s dome for my splendour on an expense of 450rs….) its broken…. Cha…. Total bad night : (

The beggars sleeping along the road side came towards me running and they were too good by giving me some water and the first aid that they kno…. They also took the bike for me and parked it along the side…. One of em asked me to go to hospital first…. But all we had is 32 rs…. Nthng more… as the trauma was not severe I decided to go home better… I need to answer 200 questions and cover up lots of facts… gone !!! gone !!! am dead man once I reach home…. I thanked all the kind human beings there and some how managed to get the bike running….

I crossed the Anna nagar Roundabout and heading towards thirumangalam with extreme pain on my shoulders…. Without knowing the biggest problem thaz gonna attack in another 111 secs…. There were a group of police men standing there near Blue star waiting for midnight hunt…. I was rightly caught… still I din bothered as I thought I got all the docs… ‘Where you guys coming from ?’ he asked in the most commanding tone… ‘Sir, farewell party sir from prince towers..’…I gave a humble reply with fulla agony….’Ok… get the papers’..why the hell these nuts asking me papers even though I haven’t breeched the traffic rules… karma… I don’t have any guts to ask anything…. I pulled out all the papers from the tool box where I kept those… ‘License???’ he starred at me…’Here…’ I pulled the card from my purse…’Ok.. where is insurance??’ … this time with more high voice…’Sir, it should be in there… how can it go missing’..i was puzzled…. ‘No, the insurance in this has expired 2 months back…where is the new one???’ he went mad…..

‘What the ….’ I dunno wat to do…. (Mavanay sethada nee)… I started pleading him..’Sir, I just met up with an accident and I am totally drowned already sir….I am sure my dad would have renewed the insurance… I will get the new copy tomorrow sir’… i showed a pathetic face…however the inspector was too rude…’What you thought am a fool…alright leave the bike… come with insurance tomorrow and get your bike’… he din wanna listen any more… I gave up after several attempts… My friend was a mere spectator all the time…. Wat else he could do… we started walking with out any idea about wat to do to get home…. We bashed those police men once we left the place…. Agony ..agony…agony…. jus an hour back I felt am the happiest person in the world… how ironic… crap !!!



We got PP70 bus near tirumangalam junction which goes to my place… we both sat in the last seat and slept one over the other thinking about the happenings…. And the following happened there after…

- convinced my parents that I was completely right with my bike riding and it was not my fault of leaving the renewed insurance docs…

- covered up the accident marks in my body with extreme difficulty


- went to the police station next day and claimed my bike back by writing a letter to inspector and also last but not least, at an expense of few orange juices to those b****s as a (forced) complement to do ther duty…


- comfortably lied to parents that it was those cops who broken my bike dome when they were transporting the bike….


- Got bullied by all my mates after that embarassing series(luckily my college days were over)

I wanted to get in to IPS and being a honest and public friendly officer…. After that devastating incident….(so kiddish isn’t it)… finally ended up being a software engineer blogging about this cho chaaad incident !!! (the least I could do) ; )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And after this kind of experience, i still hear you cruising your bike (one of your old blogs on speeding in ur bike) in those bad roads and horrible traffic of Bangalore !!! hmmm??????? u havent changed .. :P

Anonymous said...

u? IPS? since when? then ur mom would hav gone 'isnt my son like kaka kaka surya' or kreedam ajith. pfft! and the policemen seriously asked for juice? substitute for dhutu ah? what the hell!

Sharath said...

Hey maapi... That was the bike accident which would be a silver jublee for u ;) The way u explained was interesting and expect u to jot down the remaining incidents... sorry... accidents in the upcoming blogs. The Funniest thing is, the guy who sits behind u wil always escape without a scratch... Hahaha...

Ananth said...

This reminds me of Ravinder and Praveen, where Ravi esaped unhurt and Praveen broke his arm.

Anonymous said...

Hi da Aravindh,

Dey, how fast do you ride your bike now-a-days? Hope you have mellowed down.

Aswin

Srinath said...

hmm.. You really had the guts to leave your bike with the cops?!! Is it that Chennai police are better, or you were just naive. Ask Vimal on what happened to his car, when it was towed away by Police from road.