Tuesday, October 07, 2008

F1 Fever

All i know about F1 is its just a 'Help' Key and nothing else but now i got to know further more. I never ever followed any F1 races until the one I watched in Singapore. Initially this whole sport is an absurd to me as lots of money are wasted than most of the sports in the world. However, in the recent First ever F1 Street night racing changed my intentions. It has actually turned out to be a treat to watch.


The Track:

Its no special reserved track. Its just the normal public road which I almost use everyday to commute to my office. I was amazed to see the government well organized and worked on their toes to construct the whole track and got it ready with in such a short period. There was around 150M spent on the whole event and the govt. claims it as ‘Well spent money’ as it has drawed the whole world’s attention to the Singapore tourism. The Singaporeans don’t complain on the problems caused of this to the normal traffic and they are totally proud to be the new host for the F1 spree. For me, what excited me was the view of the track from my office and for the first time I saw a car going around 280kmph live jus few yards away.

The players:

Until that point I never followed any races or know about any players. All I heard was these 2 chaps Felippe Massa and Lewis Hamilton are competing each other for the top spot and this race is gonna be crucial. Then I slowly started to observe the actual rules of the game and all. Though I haven’t completely got, I can still manage to enjoy with what I know.

The Race day:

I haven’t planned to get a ticket and when I thought I want to, the tickets are sold out. I left with no choice but to watch from home. It was still exciting 1.5 hours with all dramatic scenes happening. For this particular track the pole positions was considered as key factor and according to that Massa supposed to be there finishing the formalities for his competence. The crash of Piquet which got the safety car in changed everything. Further, to rub salts on the Ferrari wounds,

- Massa taken off from pitstop before the refueling person took his pipe off from the tank resulting in additional 10 secs penalty


- Kimi Reikonnen of Ferrari team who had a good lead messed up in last 10 mins resulting in no points to Ferrari team which unfortunately pulled them down to 2nd rank with 1 point difference with Mclaren-Mercedez.

Lewis Hamilton can still be happy as he showed some character and managed to stay top in the ranking even though he finished 3rd. His main competitor was Massa who had a worst nightmare that Sunday.

I am now excited and looking forward to watch the upcoming Japanese Grand Prix this Sunday. As of now, I am still not a fan of any particular player but the Hamilton and Roseberg’s skills was impressive looking at their consistency for all the 61 laps. You can check http://www.f1.com/ for updates on F1. Further more I am quiet happy that I got one another interesting sport to follow from now on ; )

2 comments:

JR said...

Even I don't know about this F1 race and when i was a kid, i felt like it is a waste of time, money and fuel. But I think i am wrong!!!! Its really HOT man !!!

Lokeshwar Reddy said...

dude, welcome to crazy f1 fans,
i love this sport.
but i felt very bad for the sing gp. i even turned off the tv after massa couldnt come from the pitstop for some time. very bad. lets c. still some more races and 7 pts diff. hope massa wins.