Friday, July 23, 2010

Plant an idea, Excuse me !?!?!?

In short, in Gajini Asin Style,

First 15 mins, why the hell I came to this movie
Next 15 mins, not a bad idea
Rest of the movie, this is the movie to watch

Inception (an event which is the beginning) is a masterpiece taken trusting the intelligence of the viewers. De caprio’s brilliant work is overtaken by the amazing story, screenplay and direction by Nolan. The courage of Warner Bros is to be appreciated as well for trusting in the concept.



For readers who haven’t watched the movie yet, don’t worry, I wont be the show spoiler here. You can continue reading ; )

All the time the only thing human can not steal was your thoughts now, its not any more atleast for Hollywood. While Matrix got its success mainly through those stunning visuals, Inception outscored’em by the thought process taken for the movie itself. I am personally happy seeing this movie as this answered many of my questions about the dream.

- Your dream is much slower than your actual time of dreaming.

- When you die in your dream, you wake up

- When you are splashed with objects like water, you feel that in your dream too

- Some times you realize in your dream that you are dreaming

Some of those I found weird in the movie but not in my dream are

- I can never run in my dream as in real life

- Things are not heavy in dream as in real life

- When ever I drive car in dream, I can not apply breaks, the care keeps going

May be, I failed to understand the point in movie. Doesn’t matter !!!!

Just like Matrix, Inception triggered lots of arguments, disagreements which for me is the ultimate success of the movie. What happened at the end of movie, what is the whole thing about ? is still a question in many people mind and am sure Nolan’s head should be the most priceless living possession at the moment.

If you have seen the movie already, here is the link that makes you think further…. Do you believe its possible that Mal never died in the whole movie ?

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/07/19/inception-ending-theories/

My Verdict : Brilliant thinking combined with Mind blowing Visuals 9.8/10

Ok.. Tamil Friends, here are some of the movie names if our Tamil stars act for the Inception Remake in Tamil : )

Dr. Rajasekar : Kanava iruntha Enakenna

Superstar : Kanna ithu Kanavu

S J Suriya : Kanavellam Kanaga (or) Kanda Kanda Kanavugal

Parthiban : Kanavu Kirukkan

Dr. Vijay : MGR Kanavugal

Danush : Athu oru Kana Kaalam : Part II

Gowtham Menon : Kanavil irunthu Kalaivaya

Ennathaan Inception vanthaalum, namma Vijay TV’s Kana Kaanum Kalangal is the best for dreams to cherish ; )

5 comments:

lin said...

haha.. yea the movie answered my questions too! how interesting subconcious mind could be :)

vinothkumar said...

please remove Dr. in vijay.. or else can you specify in which area he got doctrate? human life's are endangered by his flims.. dont do this to us

JR said...

Your review forcing me to watch the movie as your explanation of dreams looks real....but I was completely lost when I saw Matrix which is a terrible experience for me....But I hope Inception will prove it differently.....first I will try wit torrent download. One negative thing about this English movie is that because of this Hindi movie UDAAN got sidelined. Because I heard UDAAN is one of the best movie of 2010 with a great script came from the production house of DEV D director

Ramesh S said...

I saw the movie yesterday, and the verdict is "awesome". As usual, I have many unanswered logic questions. So a second visit to theatre is in the offing :)

Matt said...

ur thot about remake titles is good one :)