Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Travel : A must possess hobby (passion, rather !!!)

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine
How in the world I missed this favorite topic of mine, ‘Travel’. You may call it Trekking, vacation, break, de stress, fun, activity, etc… Zeros in to one term called Travel. I am always proud to be a travel freak and make it a point to travel to any new place frequently. The thrill of awaiting whats in store, the fun of experiencing the new culture/food, the pleasant pain of planning & packing for a trip, the anticipation to the trip itself all making it the most intresting hobby of mine (I guess for anyone in that matter)



You never realize you like those tiny things that you enjoy when you travelling

- Food/Munchies when ever you have a train travel in India, samosa, cutlet yummy
- Listening to Ilayaraja when you are on long drive and ARR in your ipod when you are in bus/coach/car as passenger
- Anticipating a killer quick meal on flight journey
- The confusion in airports like finding boarding desk, get the taxi q or finding the stranger waiting to meet you
- The shopping in Airport in duty free area
- The long chats when you travel with the gang forgetting the deadlines at work
- Reading favorite books while on flight or watching a movie u never watched but wanted to watch
- Sleeping out of tiredness cramping yourself in those not-so-spacious seats

Travelers are many types and here are my favorite types I myself experienced and looking forward for more in future too

Trekking : This is my favorite, I love to trek though I am not so physically fit to face any sort of trekking, I still love it for the sake of exploring, photography and finally to reach the end point of any trek and any food there after is heaven : )

Unplanned travel : Experience only very few times but the unplanned ones are the most memorable travels I had in my life. How can I forget the unplanned freak out to charmadi hills in Karnataka (specially after realizing it’s a dangerous forest and not recommended one)

Resort break : Resorts are the ones I prefer instead hotels when visiting a tourist destination and specially beaches. Mauritius is my favorite till date to enjoy resort stay. However, I am still waiting for an impressive resort to stay in hills at 10 degree or lesser

Package trip : For me, it’s a boring way of travelling. However, when you are with family, you will prefer this for the ease of co ordination. If you wanna spend time having fun with family instead planning, go for package and enjoy the rest.

Long Drive : I just love it. Nothing beats a road trip but quiet filled with inconvenience like cramping yourself in a car for long hours, continuous driving, fight sleep etc… I always love to drive long and Chennai-Banglore drives are till date favorites.

Moving on, my plan was to visit atleast one new place/country a year and here are some of them to achieve in next few years

- Thailand (beaches beaches beaches)
- Taj Mahal, India (Shame, never been there being an Indian and this is my next plan)
- Angkor Watt, Combodia (the worlds largest Hindu temple)
- Mount Kinabalu, Malaysia (the 3 days mountain trek to ecstacy)
- Great Wall of China (the long walk in the cold weather)
- Disney land, HK (once my son is grown enuf to enjoy)
- Langkawi, Malaysia (so waiting for the beach break)
- Annapurna range, Nepal (the swizz of east)
- South Africa (forest, safari, food)

Hmm… I don’t think I can finish this list any sooner ; ) Watchout for this space for updates once I accomplish each mission : )

5 comments:

Mani said...

Would be gr8 if you add more information about the places you already been as well and some commentabout them. May be it will become others must visit destinatin :-)

Srinath said...

Dude....Thanks for the inspiration! Booked my tickets today to Istanbul for the Aug 13 weekend :)

Anju said...

U have a good list.. Good luck !!

Even I love travelling.. long drives and family trips are my favourites.. I also enjoy picnics with friends and family, a short break but lot of fun !! :)

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

your trip to east india via hyderabad has inspired me a lot ! ;-)

Janisoft said...

Hey - Angkor Watt, Combodia is the place I dreamt of visiting...... let me know when you are planning, so that I might join you. ;)